We Keep You Safe and Sound

Condominium Insurance

Signing Contract

Insurance Claim Filing

Whatever You Need

"Cualquier persona que a sabiendas y que con la intención de defraudar presente
información falsa en una solicitud de seguro o, que presentare, ayudare o hiciere
presentar una reclamación fraudulenta para el pago de una pérdida u otro beneficio, o
presentare más de una reclamación por un mismo daño o pérdida, incurrirá en delito
grave y convicto que fuere, será sancionado, por cada violación con pena de multa no
menor de cinco mil (5,000) dólares, ni mayor de diez mil (10,000) dólares o pena de
reclusión por un término fijo de tres (3) años, o ambas penas. De mediar
circunstancias agravantes, la pena fija establecida podrá ser aumentada hasta un
máximo de cinco (5) años; de mediar circunstancias atenuantes, podrá ser reducida
hasta un mínimo de dos (2) años."

Get In Touch
Couple in Mediation

Condo Insurance

Committed to Serving Our Clients

No matter the type of policy needed, S M COLL CAMALEZ Insurance specializes in finding or creating the best coverage plans for each and every client’s needs. We work to help clients move on with their lives the best way possible while knowing that they are in good hands. Call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experts and to start de-stressing your life.

Get In Touch
Young Family

Family Insurance Options


Group Plans , Individual Plans , Dissability , Accident , Cancer and much more

Get In Touch

Owners of condominium units obviously do not own the entire condominium complex. Typically, they own their own unit outright and share ownership of the rest of the complex with all the other owners.
From an insurance point of view, that means all individual unit owners have a collective responsibility for insuring areas of the complex owned in common -- building exteriors and hallways, the pool area, etc. A condominium association typically collects monthly dues from unit owners and uses a portion of these funds to insure common areas.

Meanwhile, the unit owner typically is responsible for separately insuring everything within the four walls of his or her individual unit.

The condo association's master policy, as well as association rules, should spell out clearly which parts of the complex are insured through association dues, and which parts are not.

There are two broad categories of master polices

Two types of master policies
Bare walls-in. Covers all real property from the exterior framing inward, but does not cover the fixtures and installations within the condo unit. So, things like granite countertops, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, and the flooring are not covered by the master policy. This condo owner will probably have the greatest coverage need, according to Slattery.

All-in. Covers fixtures, installations or additions within the interior surfaces of the perimeter walls, floors and ceilings of individual units. This condo owner will probably have a more limited coverage need, according to Slattery.
There are also variations of the two types. These details should be spelled out in the condominium association bylaws.

"Most bylaws will talk about anything within the four walls of the unit you own,